5 Things We Wish We Knew Before Starting a Consulting Practice
Thinking about going out on your own? Before you do, join veteran consultants Andrea Fuller and Cecilia Calvo of MindFarm for wine, bites, and lessons learned on how to turn your expertise into a thriving consulting practice.
Based on our experiences (and, ahem, mistakes) and working with dozens of other successful consultants, we can help you understand:
1) The real differences between being a consultant and employee (and how rewarding being a consultant is when you make it work)
2) The need to market and brand yourself
3) How to manage the glamorous "back office" functions
4) The real deal on fees and taxes
5) Time management when you need to balance new business development, doing the work, and managing the business